Sunday, November 27, 2016

Reevaluation

Marie and I had great hopes when we established this book club. We could see wonderful reviews being posted frequently. We could see friends that we would make, people who read interesting books and are willing to share their find. 

However, this site has been struggling for a long time now. Those who signed up to do reviews often don't. (and I include myself). When a review is posted there seems to be only one or two comments. 

I think that we should give this site one month to gain some momentum... if it hasn't by January 1, 2017, it will be closed down. I am sorry as I can be. As I said in the beginning, we had such hopes.....


3 comments:

  1. I was one that signed up early to post reviews and started out well. But now have not posted in ages. Sorry. It seemed like such a good idea at the time but it never got a wide audience. Thanks for trying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this could really take hold if people were more willing to participate, and then tell their own followers about the site. One person who does reviews fairly often and has people who follow her elsewhere, come over and make comments, is Sharon Wagner. But, some of the rest of us have our review sit there two weeks and then finally get one or two comments. Others signed up to do reviews and then never have. If the interest doesn't increase we will have to let it go, and that makes me sad, but we gave it a good try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wondering if this might happen. I'll try to post a review this month. Maybe my last one! I've enjoyed it. But all good things come to an end.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments more than you know. Thanks for stopping by.