Thursday, November 10, 2016

Long Time Coming

'Long Time Coming' is the name of a book by Edie Claire. But, it can also be what you will remark when you see a book review from me. Sorry it's been so long but I am not finding really good reads much anymore.




I thoroughly enjoyed this 'ghostly romantic fiction'. I had never heard that term before so I didn't know what to expect when I ordered the book from Amazon.com. I hope I can find some more in that genre.
                                                 

Joy and Jenny are best friend while they are growing up.  When Jenny dies in a terrible car accident, Joy is devastated. Jeff, Jenny's boyfriend, was at the wheel and Joy hated him immediately and never let up. She even moved to get away from him and her grief. 

Years pass. Joy is a veterinarian and has moved back home to help take care of her ailing father. Even though Joy has no idea why she did it, she rented the house that her best friend, Jenny, had lived in and where those two girls had spent many happy hours. Joy is still bitter but she's determined to make her stay in her hometown enjoyable and profitable. So, she starts a 'house-call' animal practice. And, then runs over a dog one night. The dog belongs to Jeff.

Well, there's a lot of friction between the two. And, there are things going on in Jenny's old house that makes Joy think she's rented a house that's haunted. Joy has a lot of things to figure out, and she ends up surprised at the answers. That helps her know what she has to do now. And, it involves Jeff. Was he the cause of her friends death? Or was it a horrible accident? Will she forgive him? Or not and live with her hatred. 

                                                                            

 That's all I am going to tell you. You'll have to read it for yourself.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good one! I haven't read a mystery in a while...they are often such good escapes, and keep your mind working! This looks like a good choice. Thanks for the review, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the dog comes back as a ghost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the dog comes back as a ghost!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments more than you know. Thanks for stopping by.