Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Some Book Recommendations

I have been remiss and haven't posted reviews in ages.  Sorry but I'm not going to post any now either because time is precious as we downsize and prepare for our big move.  Well, time does allow for reading.  I can't give that up despite all that I must do.

I will offer these book recommendations and I don't recommend a book that I don't like so count these as good reads.

1. A Man Called Ove
by Fredrik Backman

2. The Lost Mother
by Mary McGarry Morris
3. Girl Waits With Gun
by Amy Stewart
4. The Summer Before the War
by Helen Simonson

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips during your busiest of times. Good luck with that move. Don't forget your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see this list posted even if not accompanied by a review. Where are you moving? Locally? I can't remember if I read it. Sorry. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie - its a local move to a retirement community in downtown Columbia MD. We have loved our rural retreat but now need more people around and places to walk. Vantage House will provide all of that and more. Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reading "Ove" right now. I alternate between laughing out loud and crying..... I wonder if it affected other people the same way. It reminds me a bit of "The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry". If you have not read that one, I think you would also enjoy it! After a 3 year reader's block, I am able to enjoy again. I have read 18 books since Jan. 1. I will never take reading for granted again!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments more than you know. Thanks for stopping by.