Saturday, January 2, 2016

BOOK COUNT

This is not a book review!!

Yesterday I got this hair-brained idea that I would check to see how many books I had read since I got my first Kindle back in Dec. 2010.  Since I was ordering my books from Amazon it was easy to check on. They keep a record of all that. Now, if only the library had a list of all I had borrowed from them BEFORE KINDLE, that would be something to behold, indeed.

I ordered by first book in Dec. 2010 and since then have read 215 books. If you are on Pinterest you can see them all listed on my "Books I have Read" board there.



And, the same with GoodReads.com.

I am just amazed that the number is, what it is. And, I am also amazed at the variety of reading I have enjoyed from books like "Lives In Ruins" and "Killing Patton" to books like "Two Chickens, Two Mules and Two Old Fools" and "Redemption" a fictional account of what the author thought might have happened to Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer.

I am proud that I am a reader. I was introduced to books at an early age. I went to the elementary school in town and after school let out, I walked one block to the library where I waited on my aunt to pick me up. She was a teacher at another school. What does a kid do when they are in the library? Read, of course!!

I just thought I'd share this new-found info with you today.

This year, 2015, I read 38 books. I would be curious to see how many books people usually read in a year. How about you? What was your total this year?



New Year's Resolution - -  Read More Books.


5 comments:

  1. Latane - I keep a journal listing of the books I read and on my blog I also have listed the ones for 2015. My total was 69 this year. Not the highest I've ever read but a decent number.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I read 24...but when you count the 784 page Benjamin Franklin bio you almost have to count it as two and a half books because most books are between 300 and 400 pages. Your number (and Marcia's!) is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to do a tally! I plan to read 24 this year. A lecturer once said "read at least two books a month." This January I've finished "I,Mona Lisa" and I'm working on "The Mapmaker's Children" and, yes, "Smart Women Finish Rich"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will do a review on one or more of those. I am impressed by the number so far this Jan. that you are either reading or have finished. That "I, Mona Lisa" sounds interesting.

      Delete
  4. I'm amazed how many books you read! I read just over 12-15 books last year (((. It will be pleasure to look trough your list of books.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments more than you know. Thanks for stopping by.