Thursday, December 3, 2015

The Good Neighbor

I was all set to give a glowing review of this book by A. J. Banner. And, personally, I still think it was a good book and I thoroughly enjoyed it. HOWEVER, upon reading a few of the reviews on Goodreads I found that some people had issue with it. "It didn't live up to it's hype", "bad editing" and so on. Guess I hadn't seen the hype and I am not the grammer/editing police so I did like it.

It was touted as a psychological thriller (maybe that was the problem). I found it to be an easy read, less than 200 pages long, so it was quick and I could move on to another book on my growing list. The mystery wove itself in and out of the main character's 'normal' life which ended up being anything but normal.



Sarah Phoenix grows distrustful after a house field kills her two neighbors. Sarah manages to get inside the burning house and rescue their little girl. The fire also burned Sarah's dream home that she and her husband had just begun to enjoy.

Who could have set the fire? Was her own husband involved? And who are these women who seem to have a strange connection to her husband? As Sarah grows more and more uncertain and afraid, the mystery takes on strange twists and turns. And, of course, it has a surprise ending.

Amazon gave it a 3 1/2 rating out of five. Goodreads had 1, 311 reviews (which the few that I saw were mixed). It gave it a rating of 3.29.

So, I liked it....


2 comments:

  1. That's the thing with books and movies. One person's gem is another's lump of coal. The most important thing is it entertained you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds good, Mom. Like Sharon said, it only really matters that you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments more than you know. Thanks for stopping by.