Saturday, November 14, 2015

Alphabet Weekends


I brought the book Gone Girl with me on my last vacation. Well, it was so good that it was gone in a flash! But luckily the rental where we were staying had a pile of books. It was especially opportune since we were lodged in a remote area of Costa Rica. The Tico Times or a Spanish novella might have been my only other options. 

Clearly this book was left behind by a female traveler. It definitely was not part of the home owner's collection. His stash seemed to be all male. Politics, John Grisham and obscure biographies. But this booked screamed, "Read me on the beach! I'll entertain you." And it was a fun and fast read. Just look at the cheery cover. That usually says it all.

I'd definitely take Elizabeth Noble on a vacation. I bet she is just as fun as her characters. But she would probably prefer I take one of her books. In this book we meet Natalie and Tom. Tom is trying to win Natalie's heart. So far, he's been unsuccessful. Then he proposes an unusual arrangement of dates that run the garment from A- Z. The first thing they do is Abseiling. What the heck is that? Well... 

Abseiling (/ˈæbseɪl/ or /ˈɑːpzaɪl/; from German abseilen, meaning "to rope down"), also called rappelling, is the controlled descent of a vertical drop, such as a rock face, using a rope. Climbers use this technique when a cliff or slope is too steep and/or dangerous to descend without protection.

It was a fun book.

4 comments:

  1. Okay.. I gotta read this one. I need something really light and fun at this juncture of my life. The one I just read (and will review soon) was so sad and depressing. I gotta quit reading things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dates do sound fun! What all could a couple get into following the alphabet! The rappelling appeals to me! :-) It does look cheery from the cover. I tend to gravitate toward non-fiction history, and then after that toward books that wrench your gut! :-) Gotta read something happier from time to time to keep my perspective!

    Wow...Costa Rica...I think I remember your past posts! So wonderful to get away and just be dreamy....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this recommend, I will have to get this one. You made it sound a great read. How wonderful that you had a vacation in Costa Rica. I have always wanted to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy reading but have not read this book. I had the pleasure of see Costa Rica once and found very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments more than you know. Thanks for stopping by.