Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Secret Daughter by shilpi somaya gowda

                                                                                                                        

Somer's life is everything she imagined it to be---

She's newly married and has started her career

as a doctor in San Francisco..She discovers that

she will never be able to have any children.

That same year in India, a mother makes the

a heartbreaking choice to save her newborn

 daughter's life by giving her away. It is

a decision that will haunt Kavita for the rest

of her life and causes of ripple effect that

travels across the world and back

Asha, adopted out of a Mumbai orphanage

binds the destinies of these two women. In this

book these two families are invisibly connected

until Asha's journey of self discovery leads her

back to India.

This book was a very touching and emotional read.

I could not put it down. 

Happy Reading,

Anne

 

 

                

8 comments:

  1. Wow, Anne, That is one book that is going on my to read soon list. thank you so much for letting us hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good one. [BTW hard to read the text of your post in the yellow print.]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see your review Anne! Awesome choice looks like and I will definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marcia, Sorry about that. I tried to change the text to black, but it would let me. I couldn't understand why.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds like something I would love to read. Thank you for the review! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne, as administrator of the blog I thought perhaps I could go in and change the color of your font. It came up as black on the edit page. Go figure!! Blogger at it again!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Latane, Thanks for trying to see what you could do. Maybe next time Blogger will let me have a black font. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope this doesn't remain a glitch with this! I will be posting a book soon, and we will see. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments more than you know. Thanks for stopping by.