Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Springtime in Magnolia

I have been saving this for when we had several more members.  We have some great members and a nice group of followers...but we still aren't getting the reviews we had hoped.  Jump in there! :-)  We want to hear from you about the books you love (or hate!) 

This is the book I read a few months ago.  And, of course, I am very proud! It is also the book for which the book club was named....


Written by my Mom...this is a beautiful tale of a southern family facing hardship through the Depression years and tragedy in World War II. Young Janie learns the meaning of love, and gains wisdom and strength from her family so she can face the future, whatever it holds.  Yes, I am somewhat "prejudiced" in my view of this book  BUT I can say with all honesty that is was a delightful read.  It inspires the reader with its small town 30s/40s values--it is about a family that shares love for God and for each other, as well as their community. I loved it, and I know you will as well!  I am honored to recommend it to you today.

16 comments:

  1. How sweet, Marie. Thank you for recommending my book. It was such a labor of love to write. I hope others enjoy reading about Janie and how her sweet Mama and Papa saw her through the sad times as well as the happy times of life in Magnolia, Mississippi. It was a time I am familiar with and the Jacksons became family to me through the process of penning down their lives. Again, thanks, Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems to me a wonderful book to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful little review, and written with obvious pride in the author!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom? So, Marie is your sister then I assume. It's like a "Family Affair". Sure glad you stopped by to say hello!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...well now wait.... I'm really confused...Lantane says "How sweet Marie"....

    ReplyDelete
  6. The magnolias are so magnificent in spring, I miss them from my childhood in Houston. It sounds like a wonderful book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The magnolias are not blooming yet over here. Must be a very nice book to read !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well that certainly sounds like a great read. I love the title. Congratulations to your mum on finishing it and getting it published. All the best, Bonny

    ReplyDelete
  9. It must be a great read indeed and what a beautiful title :)
    Many thanks for your comment on my blog, take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know Latane wrote a book! How cool! We should trade books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful that your mom wrote a book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure it was a great book, and written by your mum.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderful that your Mother is an author! Her book sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations to your Mom!
    The book sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments more than you know. Thanks for stopping by.