Monday, March 23, 2015

First Recommended Read

Back on January 7th Marcia did a review of the book, Lives In Ruins, by Marilyn Johnson.  It looked really good, so I bought the book through abebooks and when I finished The Tudors, I read it.  I am happy to say that I found the book also very interesting!  It was a delightful thumbnail sketch journey into different aspects of the archaeology world, and though I did not agree with the few evolution-based comments made by the book, the rest of it was really wonderful!  It was well done, well researched and easy to read.  Since  I re-read last year Irving Stone's The Greek Treasure (a historical novel based on the lives of the Schliemanns who  excavated Troy and other sites), this was a fun follow-up.  Thank you, Marcia for a great review that allowed me hours of pleasure reading a book I otherwise may never have heard of!


Review by Marie Carmean

5 comments:

  1. Now you have me curious. Would I like it? We have a woman in our book club here at the Commons that loves archaeology. I am going to ask her if she has read it? Will give the two of us something to talk about anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would like most of it. Maybe all. Each section is about a different kind of dig, and some were more interesting than others...but overall I really enjoyed them all.

      Delete
  2. Hi Bethany and thank you so very much for your get well wishes.
    I am feeling much better. Tummy issues are bad for a gal who likes to eat
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments more than you know. Thanks for stopping by.