Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Staying on Topic is Hard

Can a book written by a multilingual homeschooled woman with six siblings--who spent her teen years in Malaysia with her family, went to college and beauty school in the United States, married a Hispanic man named Angel (known to answer his work phone with "This is the Incredible Hulk, may I help you?"), and now lives and works in China as an ESL teacher--be uninteresting? 

The short answer is "No."  Rachel Guerrero's ebook Staying on Topic is Hard will inspire and entertain you.  
There's something for everyone to identify with as Rachel recalls stories from her life.  You'll learn about doorbell phobia, cockroaches, life as a newlywed, how God answers prayers, living abroad, and how to write a love letter to your microwave.  Rachel also addresses whether correct spelling is a genetic trait, how love can mean a hamburger from Culvers, and what matters most: God and people, not things.

Staying on Topic is Hard is available at Smashwords.  You can also visit Rachel's blog at The Random Writings.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh... I have to put this on my reading list. It sounds like such a fun read. Thanks, Bethany, for sharing this wonderful review with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for welcoming me to the club!

      Delete
  2. Sounds interesting and I'll have to recommend it to my daughter who spent three years teaching English in China. (She's the one who just got married.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! I did notice her wedding photos on your blog! I'm sure she has some very interesting stories as well.

      Delete
  3. Oh what a delightful-sounding read! Does it not come in a hardbound version? It sounds like something that anyone would really enjoy! Thanks, Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think a hardbound version is available. I downloaded the ebook to my Kindle for more comfortable reading than it would be on my computer screen.

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for the review! If the technology works with me, I'm hoping to have a print edition available in a couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments more than you know. Thanks for stopping by.