Friday, January 30, 2015

KEEP READING

                                       Good Morning all you lovers of good books!!

I've missed you. My brother-in-law passed away. He lived in Tennessee and so I have been there attending his funeral and visiting with nieces and a nephew.

I am so thankful for the people who have become a follower of our book club. And, so thankful, as well, to those who have signed on to provide us with book reviews. Perhaps if you aren't on our contributor list you will want to join in. We'd all love to hear about your favorite books.

As for me, I am busy reading 'Gone Girl' (a requirement of my own local book club). So, when I finish I will be posting a review of that one. Can't wait to get finished as I want to see the movie, too... and it's on Movies on My Demand on tv. Gotta read the book first, you know!!

I hope all of you are staying warm and counting days to springtime.
              Oh how we hate the heat of summer, then as soon as it turns cold we want it back!!
                                              Some people just can't be satisfied. hehe.

                                                   Until Next Time... keep reading.

9 comments:

  1. Latane - just read this note as I thought about posting a review of Gone Girl that I just finished last night. I'll leave it to you to review. Oh, my! Can't wait to hear what you think of it. It was the dink of book that was hard to put down so I read it over two days and ignored other things I needed to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry that should read "kind of book".

      Delete
    2. Wasn't that a book and a half to read. Just an old saying but it was so entertaining. Kept me wondering. and the ending.... oh my. Go ahead with your review if you like. I'd love to see what you have to say.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear of your brother-in-laws passing. May the Lord comfort you and your family. Looking forward to the review! Nice shot of the cat; I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peace to you on your brother-in-law's passing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about your brother-in-law. May he rest in peace.

    I am a new follower of this blog and I look forward to all the reviews. I am an avid reader and it'll be fun to learn about new books. Because of this blog, I started to read House of Sand and Fog. I'm not that far along but I'm already loving it.

    I read Gone Girl a couple of months ago and watched the movie right after. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photo of the ginger cat:)
    Enjoy your books.

    I have been working in bookshops, so I know some of your books:)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments more than you know. Thanks for stopping by.