Sunday, November 9, 2014

How It All Began

It was dark in the motel. My companions were sleeping. Yet, I scarcely batted an eyelash. I had always dreamed of writing a book and my mind was filled with thoughts and people and time. The character, Janie, a young southern girl, came into being in the wee hours of that night. In my head, I wrote several chapters before the sun came up.

It's been a long process. Years have passed since I first started penning down the words. But, now the book is finished. Let me introduce you to Janie and her parents, Tom and Mary Jackson.

                                                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's the little sleepy town of Magnolia, Mississippi. The year is 1923 and Tom, who is a traveling salesman, alights from the eastbound train. As soon as he takes some orders, he is going to head for the next town. But, he runs into Mary and their love story begins.

The book moves through their raising a family during the Great Depression and the trials and tribulations that came with that awful era. Time passes, the children are about grown and World War II is raging abroad. The Jacksons, once again, face difficult times and must rely on their love and faith to help their daughter, Janie, through a devastating loss. 

This book is about life, about heartbreak but most of all it is a sweet love story depicting a time when life was simple and good and family stuck together no matter what.

                                                                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~

The book went to press at Createspace Publishing Company this week. It can be ordered from their website.

By week's end it will be available from Amazon.com.

I hope you enjoy your copy.
                                                                                                                   

3 comments:

  1. How very exciting that you book is now in publication!!! I want a signed copy! Send me the amount, including postage and I will send you a check. I can't wait to read your book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By week's end! Wow! It's finally happening! I wish you all the best! Can't wait to hold it in my hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOO, how exciting is this. FINALLY..!! I've been waiting to get a copy and I would LOVE to buy it thru YOU so you could sign it for me. How can I do it ?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments more than you know. Thanks for stopping by.